Recently, a prominent Pastor friend in our city called me and urgently requested to meet with me as soon as possible.
When we met in my office soon afterwards, he shared something he read in one of the accounts written by Rev. Paul Yonggi Cho, who shared that the secret to lasting the journey and ending well, is accountability to each other before God. He then requested that we become each other's accountability partner following which he shared a list of 20 questions with me. One of the
questions required an answer to whether you have been absolutely truthful in everything.
This includes recounting or retelling testimonies either privately or publicly, and in every situation and activity of our lives.
Well, in writing So Far So God..., I am accountable to God to tell every testimony and story exactly the way it happened.
Nothing more and nothing else, either to sanitise, pretty up, hype up or dumb down. So there you have it.
I don't know why, but when i began to write this, I became amazed at how regularly God has done amazing, unexplainable, supernatural things all through my life. often I wondered, is it when and where I was born and the circumstances or what.
Then I looked more closely right from the start and realised that God had a plan for me even before I was born, and in every situation He has reminded me that He and His plan have been sovereign concerning me. God has a plan for you, and if you stop and look, you will easily see His hand no matter where or what your circumstances have been. Jer. 29:11-13 says 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
....
No comments:
Post a Comment